- We guarantee that we ship FRESH seeds (depending on species, for tropical seeds freshness lasts from a few weeks to a few months).
- We do not take any responsibility on germitation rate or germination time.
- We can not guarantee germination even for the freshest seeds. We grow some of our plants from seeds, too. Some fresh, quality seeds never germinate, and there could be many reasons for it which are outside of our control. This is a nature of seeds - you grow from seeds on your own risk. Seed is a live product which depends on many factors and skills such as proper planting time, seed depth, type
of soil, irrigation, proper use of fertilizers, weed controls, fungicides,
insecticides, disease free soil, and reasonable weather conditions during
the growing period. Germination is affected by such factors as temperature,
moisture content, light intensity and contamination of planting media.
These factors are totally out of our control and are your responsibility
and risk. Consequentally, we cannot unconditionally guarantee seed to
perform properly regardless of conditions or the buyer's methods or
- No replacements on refunds on non-germinated seeds. If you are not ready to take that risk, do not spend your money.
- If you received damaged seeds, please contact us within 3 days for replacement.
- Please order only within quantity of packs available in stock! If you order more packs than we have available, we will send substitute of same value.
- Seeds are shipped separately from plants, via USPS Mail (First Class)
- We do not ship seeds outside of the US
For beginners and experts - we recommend to visit The Seed
Site - a website devoted entirely to seeds - collecting seeds, storing
seeds, sowing seeds, germinating seeds and exchanging seeds, with pictures
of seeds, seedpods and seedlings.
- S&H cost for seeds. Please use shopping cart to automatically calculate actual shipping cost which depends on destination. All you have to do:
a) select item in the shopping cart
b) select state
c) press "Add shipping" button
- Shipping method. Seeds are shipped separate from plants, via USPS Mail (First Class).
- Germination instructions included. You may also view them here.
- Freshness. All seeds are guaranteed to be freshly harvested, but we can
not guarantee germination which depends on your skills and nature factors.
General germination rate is 70-90% depending on the species unless otherwise
noted. See more info on germination time.
- Availability. We only have seeds available from our price-list.
We don't have seeds that are not listed in our store.
Bulbs should be planted at a depth where the "neck" is just under
the soil line. If you feel you live in an environment that might be borderline
for plant hardiness, you can probably get away with placing the bulb at a
depth that has the "neck" about 1" below the soil line. When
planting bulbs in groups, place them about 2" apart. If your bulb has
living roots, dig the hole so the roots may be spread out. Just like spring
bulbs, these benefit from a handful of bone meal per one or two bulbs in the
planting hole. Water in thoroughly. They prefer a well-drained soil and full
sunlight. They are quite forgiving with soil quality. Because most of them
bloom in response to cycles of water deprivation and surplus, they are excellent
for inducing bloom in potted culture, too.
Q: I would like to buy Synsepalum dulcificum seeds. I've read that they
have short viability.
A: 1-3 months is OK if they kept in a plastic bag. They need to be scarified
so water gets inside the shell. Germination rate is quite low, around 30-40%.
Q: How long can I store tropical seeds without loosing viability?
A: According to our experience, tropical plants seeds can be kept in a plastic
bag up to few months (1-6 depending on species). Make sure to ventilate them
once in a while and watch for signs of rotting or mould (this happens if seeds
are not dry enough)
Q: Do you ship seeds Worldwide? How much will it cost?
A: Our online payment system is set up to accept US credit cards only (for security reasons). For international orders, you have to contact us. For seeds, there will be a minimum order of $100 (of seeds cost). Shipping cost depends on destination, shipping method and package weight. A phytosanitary certificate may be requred (depends on your country import regulations).